<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 27, 2003

Here's something I posted 2 days ago, on my mothership blog, Oh Manchester, So Much To Answer For:

Inspired by similar projects by Michael Daddino and Tom Ewing, in which they attempt to review every #1 pop single in the U.S. and U.K., respectively, Michaelangelo Matos has decided upon a similar undertaking regarding the U.S. R&B charts, from 1942 to the present. It's titled Boogie Fever, and (of course, it's Matos) it's pretty brilliant. It also reminds me of my aborted project compiling the #1s on Billboard's R&B charts in the 1980s. And it inspires me to get my ass back to it. So I think I will.

And lo and behold, thanks to the magic of Google, I found my original post on the topic! [See, I'm not just ripping off Matos, though he's certainly an inspiration.] So as not to get this project mucked up with the rest of my writing, I've given it its own home, and you're soaking in it. The title, of course, is stolen from Freddie Jackson's first R&B #1 single, which I'll get to once we arrive in 1985. I'm not just going to review the #1 hits of the '80s, however, but want to also use them to look at broader trends in R&B throughout the decade. Are you sitting comfortably? Let's begin, then.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
(0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?