<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

"Fantastic Voyage," Lakeside (1/31/81)
First of all, I'm tempted to blame them for Coolio, but he's not their fault. I'd never really listened to this before I started this project, just assumed I knew it from its near-ubiquitous chorus. I was wrong. A bit too desparate to be loved ("we want you to feel musical pleasure," I mean really), which coincides with it nearly sounding at points like an aural infomercial for "the Lakeside stank" (because "the groove so funky"). Musically, this is good, though not exceptional, but what bad lyrics - and that's bad meaning bad, not bad meaning good. They'll tour Black Expos across the U.S. on the back of this one hit until they drop dead. C+

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
(0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?